December 20, 2017
November 30, 2017 Indiana Law Club
Price Waicukauski Joven & Catlin’s November 30, 2017 Indiana Law Club Meeting covered a variety of topics.
We also discuss this month’s Advocacy Tip of the Month: Avoiding errors in legal usage.
The following are all cases discussed during the November 30, 2017 Indiana Law Club meeting:
- Admitting Respondeat Superior Precludes Related Negligence Claims; Sedam v. 2JR Pizza Enterprises, LLC., 2017 Ind. LEXIS 799 (Ind. 10/31/17) (Massa)
- Life Expectancy Relates To Damages; McDaniel v. Robertson, 2017 Ind. App. LEXIS 439 (Ind. Ct. App. 9/13/17) (Najam)
- A Church’s Sunday School Is Not A School; John Doe 1 v. The Boone County Prosecutor, 2017 Ind. App. LEXIS 535 (Ind. Ct. App. 10/24/17) (Robb)
- Continuous Representation Rule Does Not Apply To Fraud Claims; Messmer v. KDK Financial Servs., Inc., 2017 Ind. App. LEXIS 393 (Ind. Ct. App. 9/14/17) (Riley)
- Court Clarifies Non-Delegable Duty; Cox v. Evansville Police Department, 2017 Ind. App._LEXIS 401 (Ind. Ct. App. 9/22/17) (Baker)
- Only Congressional Deadlines Are Jurisdictional; Hamer v. Neighborhood Housing Servs. of Chi., 2017 U.S. LEXIS 6765 (U.S. 11/8/17) (Ginsberg)
- No Appellate Jurisdiction Without Magic Language; Indy Auto Man, LLC v. Keown & Kratz, LLC, 2017 Ind. App. LEXIS 456 (Ind. Ct. App. 10/6/17) (Mathias)
- But Are The Rules For Initiating An Appeal Mere Guidelines?; Centier Bank v. Hurst, 2017 Ind. App. LEXIS 464 (Ind. Ct. App. 10/10/17) (Robb)
- When Coverage Is Denied, A Driver Is Uninsured; Indiana Ins. Guaranty Assn. v. Smith, 2017 Ind. App. LEXIS 403 (Ind. Ct. App. 9/25/17) (Baker)
- An Interesting Application Of Laches; Riggs v. Hill, 2017 Ind. App. LEXIS 423 (Ind. Ct. App. 10/3/17) (Baker)
- Spousal Elections And Testamentary Trusts; Sarkar v. Naugle, 2017 Ind. App. LEXIS 400 (Ind. Ct. App. 9/20/17) (Crone)
- Any Type Of Fraud Is Triable To A Jury; Cardinal Health Ventures, Inc. v. Scanameo, 2017 Ind. App. LEXIS 438 (Ind. Ct. App. 10/4/17) (Bradford)
- Client Avoids Rule 41(E) Dismissal; Petrovski v. Neiswinger, 2017 Ind. App. LEXIS 553 (Ind. Ct. App. 10/27/17) (Vaidik)
- A Warning To Those Who Repeatedly Violate The Rules; In re Neary, 2017 Ind. LEXIS 841 (Ind. 11/6/17) (Per Curiam)
Check back in for more updates on our latest Indiana Law Club or contact us to see how to get involved.