February 9, 2018
January 25, 2018 Law Club
Category: Indianapolis Law Club | Author: | Share:
Price Waicukauski Joven & Catlin’s January 25, 2018 Indiana Law Club Meeting covered a variety of topics.
We also discuss this month’s Advocacy Tip of the Month: How to start a sentence: Consider all your alternatives, and sprinkle in some conjunctions, too.
The following are all cases discussed during the January 25, 2018 Indiana Law Club meeting:
- Actual Use Overrules Rules of Construction; Calvin v. State, 2017 Ind. LEXIS 935 (Ind. 12/21/17) (Rush)
- Professional References Do Not Require Recusal; L.G. v. S.L., 2018 Ind. LEXIS 29 (Ind. 1/19/18) (David)
- Court Clarifies Rules Regarding Appellate Jurisdiction; Town of Ellettsville v. DeSpirito, 2017 Ind. LEXIS 922 (Ind. 12/12/17) (Per Curiam)
- Insurer Must Cover Expenses Incurred During Grace Period; Pelliccia v. Anthem Ins. Cos., Inc., 2018 Ind. App. LEXIS 2 (Ind. Ct. App. 1/4/18) (Barnes)
- While No Private Right of Action Exists for Loss of Medical Records, a Spoliation Claim May Be Available; Shirey v. Flenar, 2017 Ind. App. LEXIS 874 (Ind. Ct. App. 12/21/17) (Vaidik)
- The Discovery Rule and Medical Malpractice; Zelman v. Central Indiana Orthopedics, P.C., 2017 Ind. App. LEXIS 824 (Ind. Ct. App. 12/13/17) (Brown)
- Is This Medical Provider a “Qualified Health Care Provider?”; Rumell v. Osolo Emergency Med. Servs., Inc., 2017 Ind. App. LEXIS 826 (Ind. Ct. App. 12/13/17) (Altice)
- State Statutes of Limitations Tolled When Federal Courts Exercise Supplemental Jurisdiction; Artis v. District of Columbia, 2018 U.S. LEXIS 762 (U.S. 1/22/18) (Ginsburg)
- Agency Need Not Defer to ALJ; Roman Marblene Co., Inc. v. Baker, 2017 Ind. App. LEXIS 798 (Ind. Ct. App. 12/8/17) (Crone)
- Dead Cattlemen Tell No Tales; Childress Cattle, LLC v. Estate of Roger F. Cain, 2017 Ind. App. LEXIS 831 (Ind. Ct. App. 12/13/17) (Baker)
- Admit Fault = No Damages?; Spaulding v. Cook, 2017 Ind. App. LEXIS 875 (Ind. Ct. App. 12/12/17) (Najam)
- Incriminating Attorney Payments Not Protected; Boulangger v. Ohio Valley Eye Inst., P.C., 2017 Ind. App. LEXIS 873 (Ind. Ct. App. 12/21/17) (Pyle)
- Affiliation with Lawyer Referral Service Warrants Discipline; In re Mossler, 86 N.E.3d 387 (Ind. 12/6/17) (Per Curiam)
- It’s Generally Not Proper to Dismiss a Case as Time-Barred Under Rule 12(b)(6); Bellwether Properties, LLC v. Duke Energy Indiana, Inc., 2017 Ind. LEXIS 931 (Ind. 12/20/17) (Slaughter)
Check back in for more updates on our latest Indiana Law Club or contact us to see how to get involved.