Legal malpractice occurs when an attorney’s conduct falls below the standard of care to be expected of a lawyer, causing damage to the client. Examples of legal malpractice include:
- Failure to file a claim within the applicable statute of limitation.
- Failure to read applicable statutory law
- Insufficient advice concerning a settlement
- Failure to obtain information about insurance coverage
- Inadequate investigation of resources
- Failure to meet a deadline that causes a client’s case to be dismissed
- Serious mistakes when writing a contract or a will that results in a loss to the client
It is not legal malpractice just because a client loses a case. There must be evidence that the lawyer handled a matter so poorly as to fall below the standard expected of a lawyer.
Fee Arrangement Options
Our Indianapolis based legal malpractice lawyers offer flexible fee arrangements for victims of legal malpractice. The firm represents clients in legal malpractice cases on a standard hourly fee basis or on a contingency fee basis.
Contact Us to Discuss Your Case
If you believe that you have been a victim of legal malpractice, contact us for an initial consultation
Contact Us for a Complimentary Consultation
Our attorneys have extensive experience representing individuals and companies. We welcome the opportunity to assist you.Contact us
now to learn more and to schedule your initial consultation.